Monday, February 6, 2012

What I Left Behind along the Camino and What I Loved

Left Behind Along Camino
-plastic bag for bag b/c I had a pack cover and that sufficed - Roncesvalles
-vest, hand sanitizer - Cizur Menor
-camelbak - Carrion de los Condes; I just used a cheap water bottle the entire time because when I needed a drink, I also needed to rest.

My Favorites
-wool base layer - I felt clean in these even after several wearings and didn't need to wash them every day; synthetics get smelly and don't feel as clean on the skin
-pack cover - keeps bag clean and the rain off
-sleeping bag - even though I was hot most times, it was so much better to be warm than cold because I could cool down easily, but warming up takes longer in winter.
-toilet paper - enough said

What I Carried that I Didn't Wish I Carried
-too many clothes. I wish I hadn't brought my turtleneck. Then again, it was a strangely warm winter and could have gotten cold so extra layers might have been useful if I hit colder temps during my walk. I also had only 2 days of rain my entire trip - lucky, I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment