Monday, January 9, 2012

Day 14 Castrojeriz

<p>My favorite town thus far. It's a fairytale layout. Castle on top of a hill, 3 churches and a convent nearby. Super fantastic municipal albergue. The lady below is Consuelo, who I met at the convent during Rosary. Consuelo is such a fitting name. She was one of my great consolations in this journey rife with desolations. We walked to mass at San Juan where she explained the tapestries to me there. She invited me to her house for sweets, milk, and even packed some jamon for me to go. What a delight it was to try her homemade jam as well as those made by the nuns. Her husband Emilio was also quite funny, talking about inequality in society and about preferring dogs (or TV) the more one knows about humans.</p>
<p>When I was at mass at the Santa Clara convent of the immaculate conception (I think...will revise later if wrong) where I chatted with 2 sisters, maria Jesus and Felicia? They were so kind, giving me a tau cross, a cross connected with the Franciscans, with healing, and I guess the camino. They also offered me a book but i refused because of the weight. Maybe i shouldnt have? I had nothing and they gave me everything.</p>




No comments:

Post a Comment