Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Day 29 Triacastela

Late start. Looked for dog, but couldn't find her. I think she left with another pilgrim because I saw tiny paw tracks along the way. How often fickle is affection. Maybe she followed a pilgrim more in need of her.
Views from xunta albergues here and yesterday are amazing. Both have modern open glass sections that place you right in nature. There is a brown mouse here that seems to live in the wall next to the heater in the common space. It smells food and really isn't all that shy. I've seen and heard it several times today.
I really want to go fast and be in Santiago by Sunday, but 1 day in Samos also sounds appealing. I take each day, day by day. What arrows I follow and how quickly or slowly my feet carry me determines my plan for the day. I may have a certain idea of what I want for several days, but it's not always possible.
Below 800 year old chestnut tree...mmmm chestnuts.



No comments:

Post a Comment